Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review #2

markusspiske, "Microscope Doctor Practice" 15/06/10 via pixabay
Public Domain Dedication License


For this exercise I reviewed Marvin's standard college essay and Nicki's quick reference guide.

By grading these projects, I realized a common weakness of focusing too much on inciting events, and not the grander controversies. While giving some explanation on the specific NV Energy/SolarCity fight is necessary, I should also make sure to talk about wider resistance to the transition to solar energy.

I plan to add images to my quick reference guide, along with an eye-catching title. This will make my project fall in line with QRG conventions. In addition, I wish to explain the rate changes and the economics behind them in greater detail. Finally, I will need to explain how the fallout of the rate changes has affected the national dialogue on the economic feasibility of solar power.

As is, I feel my draft draws from a good range of sources, especially those favoring NV Energy. Therefore, my QRG remains unbiased to either side, and simply informs, not persuading outright. I also feel that I draw on a good bit of imagery to keep my reader's senses engaged throughout the article, further enhancing my voice. Maintaining these factors in my revisions will result in a superior piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment