Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report

Audience Questions
  • How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
When I edited my draft, I added a unifying parallel to the court case metaphor that I set up in the middle of my essay.
  • How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
Now I have a linking conclusion, which I had not yet written when I first wrote my draft.

Author Response
Make a short selection from the “Rough Cut” of your project. If it’s text-based, limit the selection to a page or less of content. It it’s audio or video-based, limit the selection to two minutes or less.

Selection from Rough Cut

Just as in the interpersonal text-based media, the text on the slides was brief and formatted for maximum clarity: it is expected that the presenter would be able to expand on the information discussed in this bulleted text. While the actual content of the presentation would likely be too esoteric for the layman to understand, it was well-tailored for an initiated audience.

Re-edited section

Just as in the interpersonal text-based media, the text on the slides was brief and formatted for maximum clarity: it is expected that the presenter would be able to expand on the information discussed in this bulleted text. While the actual content of the presentation would likely be too esoteric for the layman to understand, it was well-tailored for an initiated audience.
        Given the opportunity to conclude this investigation with any single takeaway, I would chose this one: succinctness is key. The business world moves quickly. You make decisions on the margin. There is no time to waste. Especially not on formalities. Focus on your primary goal: to inform. Stick to the facts. And in a career where an endless march of concise reports and brief presentation slides start to add up, to the point where fatigued eyes blend them all together: slow down, take advantage of formatting. Make your texts pop. Make them stick with your reader. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment