Sunday, April 3, 2016

Rhetorical Analysis of Project 3

Author

Not only do I actively consume music, but I am also interested in the happenings of the music industry. This passion leads me to want to build my project around a music-related topic.

Preconceptions

In the context of music and culture, I believe these areas need to be highly proliferated, with an ease of access. I am highly critical on the restriction of ideas and support a uninhibited and natural spread of art.

Audience

I am writing for an audience without a stake: those who are against me already will likely not be swayed with one instance of an argument, and I am not looking to tell those in assent what they already know. I want write for a college-aged crowd who are proactive in following music, similar to my peers at the local campus radio station.

Purpose/Message.

I want my audience to be more informed and entertained than they were prior to watching my video. What they personally think of my take is irrelevant, as long as they can think critically about the issue.

Genre

I will be doing a video essay for Project 3. This is best as music has become both an aural and visual experience and recent years. I will need to take advantage of both, in this case. I am not familiar with video-editing software, but I will have to get accustomed to it.

When

There are not really any historical events that will impact how my audience perceives my argument.

The Guardian
Rolling Stone
Fader
Spin

1 comment:

  1. Grant,

    Your responses are relevant and concise, which shows that you sufficiently understand the task at hand. The detail and development of the analysis overall is lacking, but as long as the curt responses answer the questions thoroughly enough for you to be able to produce a topic from then I do not see a problem. Good luck in production!

    -Avalon Lubera

    ReplyDelete