Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Editorial Report15A

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15suwx8o77ir31a/Podcast+Bottai.mp3

Above is the link to the rough audio cut of my project. I converted the written script into an audio presentation, and added in some sound cues to help enhance the experience as well.

Rough Cut:


Next comes writing. Not the paper, but rather researching. I open up a search summons for the UA Libraries and search for any keyword that might be able to relate to my topic. I also open up the Google Scholar app and search for peer reviewed articles and dig up those sources. Finally I set up a preference search for news articles pertaining to my topic, and open anything that interests me in new tabs.

For my first Controversy Post-Mortem project, I remember I had 32 tabs open by the end of this step. Then I just read. Read, read, read through all the sources at least once. Once I’ve read through them, I run back through the articles with a pencil and paper in hand, noting the source, article title, and jotting any key details down, whether they apparently relate to my topic and outline or not.

I must absolutely have a pencil and paper for this process: something about feeling the pressure of pencil on paper feels critical, and I can’t get that feeling from typing on a keyboard in Microsoft Word.

After this step, I have about 4 to 6 pages of notes, filled front and back. This takes anywhere from 3 to 9 hours, which I accomplish in one sitting.

Re-Edited Selection:

Timestamp for link above:2:40

No comments:

Post a Comment